On Friday, November 15th, the Greater Bay Area chapter of the Make-a-Wish Foundation will be turning much of San Francisco into Gotham for Miles, a 5 year old battling leukemia, whose wish is to be Batman.
After already having rescued a damsel in distress on a Nob Hill cable car line, Miles and his adult Batman companion, will take the Batmobile down to Wingtip at 550 Montgomery. While we normally use our 100+ year-old safe deposit vault for custom clothing, on this day, the Riddler will be down there robbing us of diamonds and cash. Batman will catch him red-handed, perp walk him up to the police waiting outside (we’re hoping there’s a paddywagon!), and then head off on more crime-fighting adventures, at least one of which involves the Giants’ mascot being kidnapped.
You can catch the action as Miles becomes Batkid in one of several different locations around the city, and cheer him on as he fights crime and battles villains, by:
- Watching him rescue a damsel in distress, who is tied up across the Hyde Street cable car line on the 1900 block of Hyde, between Green and Union streets (approximately 10:30am)
- Seeing him catch his nemesis as he attempts to rob a vault at 550 Montgomery St. (approximately 11:00am)
- Seeing a villain kidnap Lou Seal and drive off with him from Union Square (approximately 12:45pm)
- Watching as Batkid arrives at AT&T park at 3rd and King side to apprehend the villain and free Lou Seal (approximately 1:00pm)
- Joining in a massive celebration at City Hall at 2pm as SF Mayor Ed Lee gives Miles the key to the city and congratulates him on a job well done (approximately 2:00pm)
You can read more about the day’s events here.