It’s not everyday that we have an opportunity to experience a snapshot of history in a glass, with a particular focus on one of the most legendary vintages of our lifetime. Hailed as a vintage that changed everything, 1982 was stellar in Bordeaux, with praise coming from all angles, particularly from wine critic, Robert Parker. This vintage has perhaps done more to stir hype in the market, drastically affect prices, and influence a stylistic shift in winemaking that still resonates. Why do people still talk about this as one of the finest vintages of Bordeaux ever? Come find out as we taste through a well-curated lineup of stellar producers from the legendary vintage, including two 100 point wines and 3 of the 5 First Growths.
Matthew Goldfarb of The Cellar Manager put together this parcel from the cellar of a legendary collector in the Los Angeles area. All wines were purchased on release or through trusted auction and retail sources and stored in temperature and humidity control.
There are two spaces remaining for this very special evening at Wingtip on Saturday night, June 14th, 2014. Cocktails will start at 6:30pm with a multi-course pairing menu created by chef Matt Paine beginning at 7pm. The tasting includes the following wines, all from the famed 1982 vintage:
- Chateau Calon Segur – St. Estephe, 94+ points
- Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste – Pauillac, 96 points
- Chateau Mouton Rothschild – Pauillac, 100 points
- Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou – St. Julien, 96 points
- Chateau Gruaud Larose – St. Julien, 98 points
- Chateau Leoville Las Cases – St. Julien, 95+ points
- Chateau Margaux – Margaux, 98 points
- Chateau Haut Brion – Pessac Leognan, 95 points
- Chateau La Mission Haut Brion – Pessac Leognan, 100 points
- Chateau Trotanoy – Pomerol, 94 points
- Chateau Cheval Blanc – St. Emilion, 92 points
In addition, a couple members are bringing additional bottles to share. $1,000 per guest, all inclusive. If interested, please email ami [at] wingtip.com.