Whether you need to pick up some libations for the festivities, or if you find yourself in a swarm of green and need a quiet nip, or if you’re feeling the affects of said festivities and need a warm meal, we have what cures your ailments this Saint Paddy’s Day:
1. We are putting Murphy’s Irish Stout on tap this year! It was the tried-and-true Guinness last year, but in an attempt to always make the Wingtip Experience unique I choose to tap the other black stout from the Irish Isles, and boy is it tasty. Dark Toffee and coffee notes waft out of the glass, and of course the color of this fine brew is darker than a black hole; no light escapes once it enters. The first taste of Murphy’s is close to perfection. Low notes of bitter chocolate and a malty back bone guarantee a perfect sipping experience from start to finish. Come get this pint while you can, because once the month is over we will be moving on to another dark beer.
2. Chef Matt will be making corned beef and cabbage for the week, as a one-time special. We will have reubens for lunch and corned beef entrees at night. I personally love corned beef. My family always served it the week of Saint Paddy’s, and always with Irish stout. The spicyness and juiciness of the beef always puts a smile on my face, and Chef Matt is making this year’s corned beef extra special with the debut of his new sous vide machine. Corned beef a great start to a party, and a great aid to your recovery the next day.
3. We offer a quiet reprieve from the Saint Paddy’s revelry that takes place through out San Francisco’s FiDi. While most places are throwing their alley parties, and have bathroom lines around the block, our members can come and have a quiet pint and a wee nip in between bar-hopping.
4. We have a ton of Irish Whiskey.
5. We have a ton of Irish Whiskey. We have so many different types of Irish Whisky it warrants mentioning twice. We have whiskies from Jameson, Connemera, single grain Irish whiskies like Greenore, single malt Irish whiskies like the Redbreast, Kilbegan, and…
6. We have a ton of Irish Whiskey, plus one: Mosswood is a brand new, locally-imported, barrel-aged Irish Whiskey “crafted from a four-year-old Irish whiskey distilled at Cooley.”
Jake Chevedden of Mosswood Distillers, elaborates, “The finishing for this batch was a blend of two barrels, one of which spent 7 months in Amontillado and the other which spent 13 months in Amontillado. The sherry we used to treat the barrels was Valedespino’s Contrabandista. The barrel finish lends a dry, nutty characteristic in the whiskey, with notes of marzipan, cinnamon and cardamom, and a rich, creamy texture. A complex Irish whiskey with a long finish. This whiskey is brought to proof and bottled by hand.
Mosswood is available now at Wingtip’s Bank Of Wine And Spirits for 15% Off its regular price of $60 (or $51) when you mention the code ERIN GO BRAGH. Offer good now through Saint Paddy’s Day, in store only.