Punxsutawney Phil wants it this way. Six more weeks of winter. But never fear, we’ve just knocked a bunch of outerwear down to 50% Off. Most of these items were not included in the Risk/Reward Sale, so even if you have click-fatigue, you’re going to want to check out this select outerwear sale from Bills Khakis, Peter Millar, and Dunhill.
This fall Peter Millar delivers twice the contrast and accessorizing options with their reversible wool pocket squares. Available now at Wingtip for $65.
Our home team, the San Francisco Giants, play their home opener against the Arizona Diamondbacks this afternoon. We’re cheering them on in baseball cufflinks and orange accessories. From left to right: Tokens & Icons World Series Game-Used Baseball Cufflinks, Tokens & Icons Game-Used Baseball Cufflinks, Peter Millar Chambray Tie in papaya, Wingtip Silk Tie in tangerine.
Peter Millar’s brand ambassador golfers keep rolling out new styles and fresh combinations at the major tournaments. Here’s what’s slated for the Masters Tournament at Augusta this week (click the images to enlarge):
After London, it was off to New York for the big menswear show called MRket (MR is a trade magazine for the menswear industry, and this is their show). Between the MRket show and showrooms in Manhattan, probably 80% of what will appear in the store this fall was ordered last week. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the highlights:
- Peter Millar: there’s always too much to talk about with Peter Millar. We have great sweaters, pants, shirts, shoes, and outerwear coming, as always, but if I had to pick a piece that I think will be the runaway hit this fall, it’s a well-priced, soft-construction Travel Blazer. We’ll also be bringing in their #1 seller, the Merino Wool V-Neck sweater, in something close to two dozen colors.
- Bills Khakis: the GTH pants for fall are bold as always, and we’ll have all of them coming in, but for the most part, we want long on their two best selling fabrics — Original Twill and Vintage Twill — in a lot of different colors. The outerwear from Bills’ was also too good to pass up, so expect a number of great coats, all made in the USA.
- Sport coats: long on tweed. Some Harris Tweeds, some Robert Noble. Donegals. Club checks. Buffalo checks. Also called an audible on spring, and added a Cashmere/Linen story in five colors just for fun.
- W. Kleinberg: we’ll be bringing in more casual belts but the reversible concept we’ll be introducing is the game-changer as far as the belt game can be changed.
- Golden Bear Sportswear: in addition to bringing in some classic leather jackets (think Motorcycle, Bomber), we’ll also be introducing a made-in-San-Francisco Wingtip Varsity Jacket.
- Pantherella: if you haven’t yet tried the Escorial socks, they really are noticeably more elegant than Pantherella’s already elegant socks. We’ll have more Escorial, cashmere, argyle, and Vintage Collection socks coming.
- Fox Umbrellas: we’ll be stocking four styles: a golf umbrella, travel umbrella, the classic John Steed umbrella from the Avengers (black canopy, whanghee handle), and an exclusive-to-Wingtip umbrella (we’ll keep its details a surprise).
- Cufflinks: we have a steady supply of beautiful new cufflinks coming from Robin Rotenier, Jan Leslie, and Codis Maya among others.
- Miscellaneous: we will likely be bringing in another high-end leather goods line, a great new dress shirt program, a new (but old) British grooming brand, some new formalwear looks, and an ultra-high end shoe brand from Europe.
In other words, lots of great stuff to come.
We’ve been keeping an eye on Peter Millar’s images containing the daily looks for both of Peter Millar-sponsored Master’s Tournament-bound golfers, Bill Haas and Brandt Snedeker. The tournament starts next Thursday, and Hass and Snedeker will be well-appointed for the duration of the event.
Haas and Snedeker’s looks are below, and here’s one more golf look of our own:
Thursday, from 11am-7pm, we welcome Ric Whiting and Scott Reurup of Peter Millar to Bespoke. We will be focusing on summer-weight suits and summer blazers, like the examples above. If it’s still a little too cold for you to imagine yourself in a light wool or linen blazer, imagine yourself six weeks from now when the jacket or suit is ready. (Looks a little sunnier all of a sudden, no?)
You’ll have to stop by Bespoke tomorrow to see all of the choices, but here are some of the details:
- Fabric choices include Zegna, Loro Piana, and Carlos Barbera
- impressive pattern matching for all of your spring windowpanes
- customizable MTM options, including choice of lining, buttons, and personalization
- two unstructured and two softly-padded models to base your jacket on
Walk-ins welcome, or schedule an appointment through email@example.com
In honor of Frank Sinatra’s birthday (he would be a young 97 today), we’ve put together some looks based on his album covers. These looks are good for jet-setting, formal occasions, and, well, just swinging.
Hat: Paul’s Hat Works “Downtown” in rabbit felt (We’re still working with the ladies at Paul’s Hat Works to get some extra-wide hat ribbon like Sinatra often donned on his headgear; let us know if you’re interested in your own wide-ribboned hat.)
Jacket: Wingtip two-button, notch lapel with grey and blue pinstripes.
Shirt: Antonio Valente French-cuffed dress shirt.
Cufflinks: Tokens and Icons Syracuse stadium seat cufflinks.
Pocket Square: Peter Millar pin dot in green.
Tie : Peter Millar “Mogador” track stripe.
Hat: Paul’s Hat Works “Trilby” in rabbit felt (currently available through Bespoke).
Jacket: Wingtip peak, grosgrain lapel, one button (covered) dinner jacket.
Pocket Square: Wingtip silk satin in silver.
Bow Tie: Wingtip satin Charvet cut.
Hat: Paul’s Hat Works “Fillmore” in rabbit felt
Jacket: Peter Millar “SB Milano”, 100% wool (please contact Bespoke for details on MTO Peter Millar apparel)
Vest: Wingtip “Dean” in smoky purple herringbone
Shirt: Antonio Valente trim-fit dress shirt in light pink.
Tie: Wingtip polka-dot in purple.
Pocket Square: Wingtip silk satin in Champagne.
(please contact Bespoke for details on all Wingtip apparel)
We are encouraged by the hiring of “offensive mastermind” Sonny Dykes (recently of La. Tech) to replace the fallen Tedford, but it’s going to be a long off-season spent nervously anticipating the September 1st season opener against the Nevada Wolfpack.
To that end, we recently picked up some Cal-branded apparel from Peter Millar for any Cal fans out there seeking to keep the faith and maintain some personal style. Because, hey–there’s always next year!
We are currently offering the following Cal-embroidered items:
Solid white polo $98
Solid navy polo $98
Navy-striped polo $110
Merino vest $120
If you haven’t browsed the Peter Millar section in the last day or so, we are offering a large, limited sale on Fall 2012 Apparel. Get 25–50% off select items, while supplies lasts. Below is a wintry, weekend driving outfit based around Peter Millar apparel.
Peter Millar Myers Loro Piana Coat $895 on sale for $671.25 (three additional colors available)
(not part of the sale, though the similar Merino Qtr Zip is: $129.03 down from $198.50)